Fake car trends

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
M0XXQ

Fake car trends

Unread post by M0XXQ »

G0BHD

Re: Fake car trends

Unread post by G0BHD »

:D
It was wide wheels, add on flared arches, and "Go Faster" stripes in my days. :lol:
Some folks even went to the extreme of fake Ram air intakes on the bonnet, for the Turbo Charger they actually didn't have fitted. ;)
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

G0BHD wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:26 pm :D
It was wide wheels, add on flared arches, and "Go Faster" stripes in my days. :lol:
Some folks even went to the extreme of fake Ram air intakes on the bonnet, for the Turbo Charger they actually didn't have fitted. ;)
Yes, Halfords had it all, always people looking and dreaming, but nobody questioned it, it was a hobby, tart up your car.

Nobody cared if it worked, the idea was to look good.

I had a non standard exhaust on my MGF, and was accused of using a pretend tailpipe.

Until the heard it and saw what it really was, had a deep throaty roar, not like the japcrap scream.

Home built stainless exhaust, was one of my best mods.

I also put chequered flags on the side, different badging and a new filler cap etc.

Yes, guilty as charged, but I liked it. It.s the one on my QRZ.com page.
I also changed the dash, door panels, heater controls, gear stick and other things.
G 3 E J S
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

I like car modding and it is often frowned upon by some, but what the heck it's about enjoying yourself with your whip not what others agree with.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D