Bloody microshit hitlers

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
Sangoma

Bloody microshit hitlers

Unread post by Sangoma »

A couple of weeks ago, my media machine updated.

The update changed preferences without my choice, media player has changed with choices I don't want, the edge crap has made itself default for all it does.

Basically, the machine no longer does the job it did before, and in media player there is no way to get it back to work as it did.
It keeps coming up and saying there is a problem with my library. What library? All I do, and all I want to do is choose a folder, select tracks from it and play them.

Bloody little hitlers don't want that!
G 3 E J S
G0BHD

Re: Bloody microshit hitlers

Unread post by G0BHD »

I had a recent Microsoft update "attack", and that's how I personally saw it, tried to do very similar, shoving a new Edge browser down my neck, and changing settings and preferences in other areas and software.
I managed to delete and remove/ retro modify the damn lot, and have now ensured I no longer get any auto updates, on this particular install of Win 10.
If I want an update, I can occasionally look at what is on offer manually on the update site, and decide what is truly pertinent and important to me. ;)
They do love their "we know what you really need best" attitude and control.
They have redefined "intrusive".
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

Yes, and they are backtracking on the changes they had to make to get people to use w10.

They introduced it looking like a 1980s website, or a cheap chinese smart phone, with just about everything dictated to you as far as settings went, which was quietly changed.
Yes, you could change things, but you had to become an expert to make it usable, the average user just had to accept what they dictated.

It certainly did not reduce the workload for support staff, it made it almost as bad as apple.
G 3 E J S
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

I was perfectly happy with Win 7 on this machine, I can honestly say I never personally had a problem with it from the day I bought the machine with it pre installed, then the support ran out of course, and annoying pop up screens kept appearing at random times telling me it was all now all "old hat", this was no longer supported, that was no longer supported....etc. etc.
I took the plunge and did an upgrade on it to Win 10, and there are times I seriously regret it! ;)
I have had all sorts of Microsoft platforms over the years, on various computers, some have been diamonds, and others lemons, (Vista! :) ), but for sheer intrusiveness and lack of general control, this Win 10 really sucks! ;)
M0HJO

Unread post by M0HJO »

I loved win7, to date, the one I enjoyed the most.

Time will tell.
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB