The horse has already bolted...

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
gw7unv

Re: The horse has already bolted...

Unread post by gw7unv »

M0VMT wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:30 am What I really want to know is when does the world kick China's teeth in for this.
We can all do our thing, remember the "Ban the bomb" movement..
I'd be quite happy starting a "Ban the Baofeng" movement...

Evan
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

gw7unv wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:43 am
M0VMT wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:30 am What I really want to know is when does the world kick China's teeth in for this.
We can all do our thing, remember the "Ban the bomb" movement..
I'd be quite happy starting a "Ban the Baofeng" movement...

Evan

I like that idea Evan but I bought a xiegu radio last month :lol:
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
G6CSL

Unread post by G6CSL »

More damaging; I've stopped drinking Tsingtao. :)
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

This is where it all becomes a load of bull crap.....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53415030
My wife is currently at home, due to Corona virus, her employer deeming the office was an unsafe environment, so she works online everyday at home, as if she was in "the office" she would be cheek by jowel with many others for 8 hours a day!
Now if you have to wear one to pop round a damn shop, why don't you have to wear one to sit in a one room environment with many others for 8 hours a day, not knowing who "they", the others you share the space with, have been in contact with?
It is all a load of bull crap, nobody is going to tell me a quick whiz round Screwfix or Band Q to grab a few bits and bobs, or the local shop to grab a few cans of Guinness or a loaf/bottle of milk, is more risky than sitting in a stuffy close quarters office environment all day! :roll:
But they are, apparently "exempt"....... may the risk be with them! :roll:
Pathetic it has become, the whole damn lot of it!
The other day, you could finally get your hair cut, but not your eyebrows done or a facial, (that's for women of course), and "nails" were definitely off the menu.......WHY?
Now even some of that advice has changed.....another after thought?
My reading of it currently, as it does seemingly change daily, is basically if you are in the close quarters company of "others" for a protracted time period, you should wear a face covering...... now how much longer a protracted time is all "sitting together in one room" for 8 hours a day versus a quick whiz round the local shopping aisles?
It really makes no damn sense!
And I do not give a stuff anymore!
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

mk.jpg
:lol:
G 3 E J S
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

Yes quite amusing.....but!
You yourself admit a face mask protects others more than yourself, so do many medical experts, so if you are the only one in a room full of office staff wearing one, you may as well take the damn thing off and take your chances!
Schools also exempt apparently, now I understand that they recon kids suffer less drastic symptoms from it if they happen to catch it, but at the end of the day they "go home"....and if they have "copped a dose" could potentially give it to an adult parent, who then gives it to someone else, not necessarily "in a shop", etc. etc.
None of it makes any logical sense!
It's just latter day political lip service expediency, and far too late if it's truly down to medical expediency, its as simple as that!
And its applied so damn randomly as to be virtually worthless anyway.
I would love to hear the scientific reasoning behind some one being finally able to have their hair cut, but not their eyebrows plucked or beard trimmed at the same time, or even why someone can't have their nails filed and re-painted, which was in place for a while, but who knows what that latest "made up on the spot" direction is now! :roll:
I am guessing it would be more baffling and full of mainly incomprehensible scientific jargon than the theory of relativity! :roll:
I remain totally unconvinced.
Sorry.