Silly question

VHF/UHF Topics.
M0HJO

Re: Silly question

Unread post by M0HJO »

I have also found the the dual band antennas work much better than the tri band ones.

I changed to dual band and a single ant for the other band.

Check the SWR on some of these tri bands, terrible.
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB
sidspop

Unread post by sidspop »

Re-kindling the old thread.
I removed the V2000 thing and feeder, and replaced with a dual band antenna, around 6 ft tall. Not sure what it is.
I even splashed out on new feeder, Force Zero, which is very similar to the old H100. Decent compression plugs as well.
Still the same problem. I checked the old feeder by stuffing 20 watts up it, and getting 18.5 out the other end (Bird 43)
I am being heard, but I struggle to receive all but strong local stations. Signals that are lower than around s8 on meter come through with noise, not fully quieting. I have tried numerous radios, and two that seemed to work the best are TR9130, and Tr711E. Both of those have helical filters in the front end, and as such I am now tempted to think that my radio is being desensitized by a strong local signal. If I remove the antenna patch cable from switch box, and hold the pin with finger, I get a signal on 154 Mhz that is end scale, using me as an antenna. Some data transmission system, which must be very close by.
Wonder if that sounds feasible?
G0KZZ

Unread post by G0KZZ »

Could that signal on 154MHz be the local oscillator from one of your other rigs? What is the exact frequency of the signal?

My thinking is 154ish minus 10.7MHz-ish would be around 144MHz.

Just a thought, Mark...
Member of FISTS, G-QRP, LIDS, SKCC