News on tv

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
M0VMT

News on tv

Unread post by M0VMT »

It's either covid 19 or the migrant channel crossings with their buzz words like desperate or small rubber dinghy.
I now refuse to watch any news at all it's utter rubbish.
I need another evening pastime other than radio, I'm thinking of going back to Airfix modelling or along those lines to pass the evening on, along with a little radio of course.
But tv it's farcical now and if I had my way I'd take them to the charity shop.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
G0BHD

Re: News on tv

Unread post by G0BHD »

M0VMT wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:46 am It's either covid 19 or the migrant channel crossings with their buzz words like desperate or small rubber dinghy.
I now refuse to watch any news at all it's utter rubbish.
I need another evening pastime other than radio, I'm thinking of going back to Airfix modelling or along those lines to pass the evening on, along with a little radio of course.
But tv it's farcical now and if I had my way I'd take them to the charity shop.
You forgot Black lives matter mate, and the current Land of hope and Glory and Rule Britannia fiasco! ;)
Another couple of subjects I am sick of hearing about.
On hobbies I have currently run out of interest with amateur radio as well, I recently found in the garage an old Mamod steam powered traction engine model I have had for years since I was a teenager, in very poor neglected condition.
Currently in the middle of a complete strip down, re-solder the boiler leaks, refurbish the piston movement, clean up and re-wick the methylated spirit burner, and a full repaint and reassembly job, I have to say it's a revisted breath of fresh air hobby wise, and currently very satisfying!
M0VMT

Re: News on tv

Unread post by M0VMT »

BLM I don't recognize them and wouldn't if it was white lives.....Land of hope and glory can stay.
Little steam power sounds fun Dave :D I did lots of fishing at one time but the trouble with me I forget to return home.
When I go portable I usually take the gaffer or I would probably end up being reported as missing.
I have proper airbrush equipment but I'm not allowed in the house spraying.
Think I may have to learn the art of a brusher :lol:
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D