To be fair they do have a point!

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
G0BHD

To be fair they do have a point!

Unread post by G0BHD »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-53418376
Now we all know BLM has been milked to death by the media and several celebrities, not to mention politicians taking the knee etc. for lip service photo calls, but this is one of those classic stop and search moments that in truth can only be "Because they are Black"!
I know full well, if I had rolled up in one vehicle, and my wife in another to visit whatever property, it would not raise a single eyebrow, even if a copper or two in car happened to be passing they would most likely pay no attention at all.
But this couple somehow looked "suspicious" and worthy of further questioning?
Why did they?
And they wonder why some folks end up with a huge anti police chip on their shoulders.
I can speak for myself only, but tell a true story, when living in the heart of the Midlands one night outside I heard a large altercation going on, several folks involved in a huge punch up barney, during it I also heard what I swear to this day was gun shots of some sort, not just possibly fireworks, or an exhaust backfire, the classic "pop, pop, pop.......pop" of a small arms discharge, I remain convinced to this day!
Not wanting to venture outside into the the middle of whatever was going down I phoned the law.
They eventually turned out knocked the door, came inside and asked what I had witnessed or heard, I told them, then for some reason they insisted on "going into my back garden", no idea why, the altercation was definitely not happening out there, and saw my tower and antennas, then came back in the house and viewing the pile of radio gear shoved up the corner asked that almost a joke now "Radio Ham Sketch" by Tony Hancock question..... "Do you have a licence for that equipment Sir?! :roll:
I kid you not! :roll:
I said "Yes I do as it happens, what the hell has that got to do with my report to you?"
I even had to show it them!
That was the very last time I ever rang the Police!
VK5TM

Re: To be fair they do have a point!

Unread post by VK5TM »

It's like that in just about every country in the world.

I got pulled up for speeding a few years ago (naughty boy - smack your hand) and the very first question I got asked was "Have you been n trouble with the police?"

Ok, just because I don't look like your rumpty run-of-the-mill short back and sides do-gooder doesn't mean you can assume such outrageous things :lol:
G6CSL

Unread post by G6CSL »

We all knew kids at school who wanted to join the Police. They all seemed to be 'a certain type', and I doubt if that has changed.

Likewise teachers.
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

G6CSL wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:39 pm We all knew kids at school who wanted to join the Police. They all seemed to be 'a certain type', and I doubt if that has changed.

Likewise teachers.
You are right Chris, I knew one myself.
At school he was a bully, out and out bully, but one of the dangerous type.
By that I mean unlike the raft of thicko bullies the school also had, I am sure you know the type, he was actually highly intelligent, he just had the build and nasty temperament, that made him want to bully other kids he considered lesser mortals and manipulate them mercilessly for his own ends! ;)
Ended up a "prefect" and used that position to make everyone else life a complete misery! :D
A bit of a "Flashman" character, we even nicknamed him that behind his back.
He joined the police when he left school, and became an equally vindictive nasty piece of work within that organisation.
Funny story about him though, several years later, well almost ten to be honest, he got kicked out of the force when he was convicted in court of inflicting GBH on someone whilst in a pub off duty with a load of his work mates!
He was very lucky at the time to not get sent down, (I am sure the usual "long serving officer pillar of the community" mitigation helped him :roll: ) it was a very nasty unprovoked attack according to the press reports at the time!
Karma does happen sometimes! ;)
Yes I remember "Flashman" quite well, the bane of many of our lesser mortals school days lives.