10M

HF Related topics.
M0HJO

10M

Unread post by M0HJO »

10M is just starting to open here in Cornwall @ 12:30 today. (Sunday 14/6/2020)

It may move North.
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB
M0HJO

Re: 10M

Unread post by M0HJO »

10M has just opened here @ 12:00 19/06/20.

EU only so far, but most are 5/9.
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB
M0HJO

Unread post by M0HJO »

Only just turned on the radio for the first time today, 10M is open here again :D
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB
MM0TFU

Unread post by MM0TFU »

10m has been pretty good this year in general John, and this summer's Sporadic E season has been one of the best for some years.
I must admit that I'm a bit of a 10m fanatic though, and I have one mast with a 5 element long boom monoband yagi, and another one with a 3 element yagi, as well as a vertical and some wires all covering the band. At least 95% of my operating is on 10m these days, maybe more.

Ten has been open more often than many people realise and there is some good DX to be worked at times via multi-hop Sp E, as well as lots of short-skip. And I'm not referring to FT8 or any other digital modes, as I don't do them, this is purely SSB. As an example, I have had at least one contact outside of the UK on 10m phone every single day for the last 51, and since 1st April there have only been about 20 days that I've not had propagation to somewhere, and most of those were in early April. But even before the widely recognised 'Sporadic E Season' started, there was lots of 10m activity and I worked Canada in January and had some wonderful openings to South America in March. I've worked 87 DXCC this year on 10m and had around 1500 QSO's.

Ten is a great band with much to offer, particularly to those with patience, and patience is a definite requirement this morning as conditions seem to be flat. I'm sure It'll pick up later.
Cheers,
Iain.

Illegitimi non carborundum
M0HJO

Unread post by M0HJO »

MM0TFU wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:56 am 10m has been pretty good this year in general John, and this summer's Sporadic E season has been one of the best for some years.
I must admit that I'm a bit of a 10m fanatic though, and I have one mast with a 5 element long boom monoband yagi, and another one with a 3 element yagi, as well as a vertical and some wires all covering the band. At least 95% of my operating is on 10m these days, maybe more.

Ten has been open more often than many people realise and there is some good DX to be worked at times via multi-hop Sp E, as well as lots of short-skip. And I'm not referring to FT8 or any other digital modes, as I don't do them, this is purely SSB. As an example, I have had at least one contact outside of the UK on 10m phone every single day for the last 51, and since 1st April there have only been about 20 days that I've not had propagation to somewhere, and most of those were in early April. But even before the widely recognised 'Sporadic E Season' started, there was lots of 10m activity and I worked Canada in January and had some wonderful openings to South America in March. I've worked 87 DXCC this year on 10m and had around 1500 QSO's.

Ten is a great band with much to offer, particularly to those with patience, and patience is a definite requirement this morning as conditions seem to be flat. I'm sure It'll pick up later.
I totally agree, just switched on and its open again here, so giving it a bash!!

John.
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB
M0HJO

Unread post by M0HJO »

10M is just starting to open here, 12:50 local 4/7/2020.
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

It has been quite good on FT8, busy on the workbench so haven't tried SSB.

6 has also been quite good the last few days.
G 3 E J S
M0HJO

Unread post by M0HJO »

Sangoma wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:03 pm It has been quite good on FT8, busy on the workbench so haven't tried SSB.

6 has also been quite good the last few days.
Not had much here on 6M recently, 10M has been open now and again, only EU at the minute.
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB
G6CSL

Unread post by G6CSL »

According to Chilton, there's a bit of 'E' knocking about.
So put your "10m is the lowest VHF band" head on. :)
M0HJO

Unread post by M0HJO »

10M has just opened here in Cornwall @ 14:30

Hopefully it will travel North.
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB