Government paying you to get infected

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
Sangoma

Government paying you to get infected

Unread post by Sangoma »

and spread the virus.

That is exactly what this daft eat out to help out is doing.

If you want McDonalds (why I don't know) and you want up to the £10 of the meals, then you have to go into the shop and mix with others, they then have to clean everything down.

If you used the drive through, you wouldn't be mixing with people, and they would not have the cleaning costs.
But doing it the sensible way, you don't get the discount :lol:

It might help those who have no take away in operation, but I doubt if many people going to those places would be influenced by the £10 discount.

It also means that the businesses affected have to have extra staff for the days it operates on, as they have said the rest of the week they are quiet.

Seems it creates more problems than it helps.
G 3 E J S
G0BHD

Re: Government paying you to get infected

Unread post by G0BHD »

It's just one more of the "makes no sense" rules and restriction lifting that seemingly come and go these days like the weather! :D
They want to stimulate the economy, their words not mine, yet they at the same time say.... shops, pubs, and other outlets might have to be re-closed to facilitate the schools opening.
In some areas you can mix with friends currently at the pub as long as socially distancing, or in parks or other meet up venues, but not in your own back garden.
The list goes on and on and on, and changes seemingly minute by minute, and quite frankly it all just washes over me now, as none of it makes true scientific evidence based sense.
It''s all become just a number crunching exercise, and in truth nothing more than that.
Here is a classic example....
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... s-12046266
Well shock horror, there is going to be "little evidence" considering most school pupils have been sat at home for the duration, and the few still attending school due to being kids of front line workers etc., were easily socially distanced, being fewer in numbers.
Will it remain the same when classes get back to full attendance normal levels?....well who knows that's the latest government experiment with human lives! ;)