Aye give it away then.

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
M0VMT

Aye give it away then.

Unread post by M0VMT »

Theirs times when I think I joined a mental institution not a radio hobby that's supposed to be technically oriented.
https://youtu.be/sN71vEFMLkk
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
G0BHD

Re: Aye give it away then.

Unread post by G0BHD »

The first thing that struck me was not necessarily the shock horror thought of "giving away the licence free", but having clicked on the video and watched the "Zoom cast/pod cast" throughout, or whatever it is technically called these days, was "Jeez is this what passes for information or entertainment concerning the hobby these days?" :D
On the subject to hand, namely giving it away, I have reached the point I no longer care to be perfectly honest, the hobby was what it was when I joined it, it has morphed into something quite different over the years, be that good or bad purely in the eye of the current day beholder, but it doesn't really change whatever effort and time I put into it as a hobby, as my mindset is stuck back in the days and efforts involved when I first got involved.
I did it how I had to do it at the time, and I still dabble a bit along those distant learned lines, and what others do with it as a hobby from now on is their problem. ;)
And what is with shacks these days?.....why do they all need to look like pristine polished BBC studios with more monitors than a film set? :lol:
I like a shack where dragging the soldering iron out, and occasionally burning the crude work surface, doesn't necessarily leave me in a "Quick....get out the pledge polish" panic! :lol:
Different world, different times for sure, not mine anymore I must admit, but someone else's. ;)
M0VMT

Re: Aye give it away then.

Unread post by M0VMT »

Yep your not wrong Dave what the feck has happened, that YouTube crew are a bunch of clowns.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D