The Covid trade off balance scales!

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
G0BHD

The Covid trade off balance scales!

Unread post by G0BHD »

So experts are now saying we might have to re-close pubs and shops to ensure we get kids back in school come September.
In a sort of collateral damage limitation balancing act exercise.
Why?
How many adults go to school, other than the teachers and assistants, how many kids go to the pub, and how are the two aspects of daily life even related?
Don't get me wrong pubs are not on y priority list, but shops make up far more numbers and employ when open many folks of course.
They could close the pubs, and the shops, they could go the whole hog and have a total lockdown again....kids being exempt, and have all the kids back in school, then they within that environment they as kids could develop and spread it in various schools "hot spots", or even get it at home from their parents who now of course are being encouraged to "go back to work", and the furlough system isn't going to last forever!
So it is just a numbers game now, "keeping the stats down", nothing more nothing less.
But consider this, close the pubs and shops, impose stay at home lock downs, and adults could easily end up losing their very jobs, and the knock on effect of that would be impacted on their kids of course, when they can't pay the mortgage, or even afford food!
This potential mooted "juggling act" smacks of government desperation to me, and yet another recipe doomed to failure.
Here's an idea, try getting a track and trace system up and running that is actually worth the lip service given to it! ;)
M0XXQ

Re: The Covid trade off balance scales!

Unread post by M0XXQ »

I get the disturbing feeling this is all one big experiment on humanity to test how far governments can get away with revoking freedoms through tyranny and fear.
Yes, I am sure COVID is real and people have lost their lives from it, however the measures being implemented are nonsensical and smell of social experimentation - Instill fear, take away basic rights and freedoms and force people to comply, reward compliance with temporary re-introduction of said freedoms such as being able to go the pub etc then re-introduce fear and revoke them again until monkey is trained.
Once you have the masses under this sort of control there is no limit to what governments can get away with - If it smells like $hit then it most probably is!
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

I see it as a mixture of sheer clueless headless chickens panic by some in government, and behind the scenes devious manipulation by others who are the ones really "pulling the apron strings"....look no further than the likes of Dominic Cummings! ;)
Not to mention the many "on the payroll" rolled out "experts", not all of whom even adhere to their own advice! :)
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

Its got nothing to do with kids in pubs or adults in schools.

It's a case of opening schools will cause 500 cases, closing pubs will prevent 500 (figures for illustration only :) )

Just to keep the overall figures about the same.

If we close pubs, there may e a few thousand (or tens of thousands) without jobs, fail to get kids back in school, and there will be hundreds of thousands (or millions) without the education to get a job, at great cost to the dole etc later.

I can see their logic, but again it is something that no one can possibly prove one way or the other until after the event
G 3 E J S
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

Sangoma wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:53 am Its got nothing to do with kids in pubs or adults in schools.

It's a case of opening schools will cause 500 cases, closing pubs will prevent 500 (figures for illustration only :) )

Just to keep the overall figures about the same.

If we close pubs, there may e a few thousand (or tens of thousands) without jobs, fail to get kids back in school, and there will be hundreds of thousands (or millions) without the education to get a job, at great cost to the dole etc later.

I can see their logic, but again it is something that no one can possibly prove one way or the other until after the event
Assuming all the closures of many companies have not left an employment situation where there are no jobs for them anyway of course! ;)
It is a fine balancing act for sure, but without a thriving economy.....we basically have nothing in the pot.