Covid overload.

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
G0BHD

Covid overload.

Unread post by G0BHD »

As a subject it has finally surpassed Brexit in sheer flogged to death air time!
Back with a vengeance, not necessarily in numbers dying, but in blanket news items and talked about subjects.
I see parts of the North are now the latest Covid Lepar's to get clamped down on from high, and talk of further this restriction and that elsewhere and for various other countries travel wise.
I don't know about anyone else, but personally I am truly sick and tired of it now, whatever they do it will eventually take it's course, and if the rest of my life involves localised sudden "spikes", with last minute imposed shutdowns and reintroduced restrictions, instead of simply getting on with it, then I welcome going SK!
All I can say, from my own point of view, I take every day as it comes, every one of them could be my last day on Earth for a myriad of different reasons, and living in a social "bubble" or complete isolation has never been my thing.
VK5TM

Re: Covid overload.

Unread post by VK5TM »

Same Downunder.

The wife has tuned out (I tuned out ages ago) and it looks like half the population never even tuned in.

Same frame of mind, just let everybody get on with it, whoever's going to survive will regardless and as sad as it may be, the rest are going to cark it.
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

I agree to an extent, but it is not getting me down because I've simply stopped looking at it.

Trouble is that if the people don't do as suggested, there will be chaos and it will have a huge effect on the economy and peoples lives, would be a disaster compared with the effect it has already had.
G 3 E J S
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

There has just been a report on tonights news - 1 in 4 who have covid in Victoria (Australia) and is supposed to be isolating was nowhere to be found when the authorities went to their place of 'isolation'.

These turds should just be rounded up and put in one central place and taught a lesson.
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

While we are in rant mode, what is it with damn face masks?
Not the wearing of them, even I have complied and stuck one on when visiting a shop or retail outlet, but the disposing of them later when they get past their use by date?
How hard is it for folks to pocket an old no longer fit for use mask, simply take it home, and shove it in the bin?
Driving round today, I lost count of the discarded face masks, blowing down the gutters of the roads and streets, hanging off tree branches, dumped on the pavement, far more than even the crushed pop and beer cans chucked from cars often, and plastic water and pop bottles you always see everywhere!
Every colour and style you can think off, just lying in the streets and gutters, possibly even bug ridden.
Have they become the new "litter" of choice?
Take your PPE rubbish home with you for Gods sake, scumbags the lot of them! :roll:
Rant over. :D
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

Sorry but I'm of the mindset now that you have to take your chances, I'm sick of all the fuss now and want to be able do what I want so it's herd immunity for me.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D