The horse has already bolted...

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
Sangoma

Re: The horse has already bolted...

Unread post by Sangoma »

G0BHD wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:02 am
Sangoma wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:41 am
G0BHD wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:01 am To a virus the average home made ones, and the now flooding the market by cash in sellers cheaper ones certainly are like passing a fag paper through a barn door, at the nano meters scale virus's exist within, and that applies to whatever degree, in BOTH directions! ;)
Higher end medical grade ones?...yes maybe, a bit of cloth out of the bottom draw, carefully stitched up on the Singer sewing machine?....waste of bleeding time!
You have to smile, not too long ago there were calls by some in society for burkas to be banned, as "you couldn't see folks faces", and also no hoodies to be worn in shops, as it meant the security cameras could not pick them out, now they can't wait for us all to wear a face mask! :lol:
I don't buy into it, I am sorry I just don't.
Nobody is claiming they filter or stop the virus, and that is not the intended purpose of them.

And the effect of them IS directional, they are a lot more effective stopping you spread the virus than they are stopping you getting it.
( a point that seems to be well known in the east, but little known here).

I think you will find that most of the people who are going to resist wearing them are the self same people who resisted the lockdown initially.
A certain fake orange tanned politician is a fine example :)
I don't have a fake orange tan, even if someone else does, I resisted the lockdown initially, why? cos I had a damn huge job to finish on time.
I had to comply eventually, and I even wore a mask one day, when HSE visited and it was insisted upon.
Other than that, and the fact my other half who's bed I continued to share "had a dose of it", caught from one of those well known office environments, where everybody sits with the heat still on in mid damn summer, and yet I am still here!
I have more chance of dying "on the job" than from this virus, I could have scaffolding fall on me any day, get electrocuted if I take my eye off the ball, knocked down by the still pissed from last night digger driver, fall down a huge none guarded hole, or whatever!
If I had it, I would have known about it by now, if I had it and had no symptoms I am sure I am well over it by now, so who the bloody hell am I going to give it to?
Unless of course I am a modern day version of "Typhoid Mary", a perpetual "carrier", and need locking away for the good of society! :roll:
I am very pragmatic when it comes to death, I could spend all day being ultra "careful" in my work, and yet get "knocked over" by a careless driver while simply walking to the local pub in the evening....Its called life!
And one day I will no doubt join the graveyard masses, but I refuse to spend my time worrying about how I end up there.

I have no idea what tan you have or don't have, and no reason or interest in knowing.
I was talking about Trump, and another similar one south of him.

And it's not about you and the circumstances you know about, it is about all the people wandering around that don't know, and having illegal gatherings, they don't respect the lockdown, they won't wear face coverings, and from that you can assume they have no respect for other people
G 3 E J S
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

Trump?...I take no notice of him at all, even when very occasionally he might be slightly right.
Illegal gatherings?.....well that situation can be defined, and later undefined, at the will of those that impose the "gathering" rules.
Respect for other people sort of "died" during the 80's,..... "Me Me Me culture", that was manipulated and groomed at the time as the "entrepreneur way forward", together with the obligatory Filo fax of course.
It has not really come back into community style since then.
I don't do general "gatherings", there ain't that many folks I want to be in the long term company of at any one time.
I will see you the other end of this, and I am sure of that!
You by your means, and me by mine, and mine have served me well long enough, not to give up on them now.
G6CSL

Unread post by G6CSL »

G0BHD wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:29 am Trump?...I take no notice of him at all, even when very occasionally he might be slightly right.
I 'shouldn't' like Trump either, but I watched both of his 4th July speeches. He had me shouting "U-S-A ... U-S-A" and I'm not even a Yank. :)
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

I understand the mask idea but to be honest I'm sick of it all now, the masks should have been inforce months ago.
I will now shop online thanks and any diy stuff click and collect at screwfix outside, I did my bit from day one yet they have allowed protests and mass gatherings now they want me to start wearing a mask....I won't need one because I am not shopping on foot....sick of it all.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

M0VMT wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:04 pm I understand the mask idea but to be honest I'm sick of it all now, the masks should have been inforce months ago.
I will now shop online thanks and any diy stuff click and collect at screwfix outside, I did my bit from day one yet they have allowed protests and mass gatherings now they want me to start wearing a mask....I won't need one because I am not shopping on foot....sick of it all.
That's exactly where I am coming from Mark, this "latter day" panic to get us all wearing face masks has more to do with political expediency than it does with a medical one! ;)
I agree if they were going to be mandatory, they should have been made so a minimum of three months ago, not now! :roll:
They are hoping that it will help alleviate the impact of their often recently random, and seemingly made up on the spur of the moment to pander to whatever peer pressure, lifting of certain restrictions.
The panic they are suddenly reacting to is the prospect of a second wave, and the impact that will have on them at any next elections, which anybody with any common sense knows full well will come anyway, as will a third wave, fourth, fifth, whatever.
It was obvious the day they opened pubs that folks just go mad when let of a leash!
Like you I will order now mainly online, click and collect or delivery, I refuse to stand in a shop lined up for the check out like a bunch of socially distanced bandits out of a spaghetti western movie!
gw7unv

Unread post by gw7unv »

M0VMT wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:04 pm I understand the mask idea but to be honest I'm sick of it all now, the masks should have been inforce months ago.
I'll agree with that Mark, we don't seem to have a leader capable of making a decision any longer, I wonder what Maggie would have done..
The Govt and local councils have spent millions over the last thirty years playing out such a scenario but where has it got us..? They have just spent millions on a jolly..
Sunday it was reported that over 70 farm workers, out of 200, had tested positive for C-19.. So they were confined to barracks, yesterday police were searching for three that had absconded.
We are trusting our lives to others, who don't give a poop for anyone else than themselves..

Evan
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

If its suddenly so desperately needed now, why is the date set for implementation at July 24th?
That's a whole ten days away, and experts were criticising the government at one stage for delaying "lock down" by just one week, and saying many more lives could have been saved if they had acted those 7 days quicker!
Why is it still OK up till then not to wear one, even if some will frown at you no doubt for not doing so, but on the stroke of midnight on the 23rd July, it suddenly isn't OK anymore and will potentially cost you £100 if you fail to comply?
Does the damn virus know what the date is? :roll:
Has it called a truce until the 24th?
There have been numerous examples of pee poor implementation of certain made up in short order "rules", often seemingly thought up on the spur of a moment, and as often badly implemented, and they wonder why many folks have simply had enough! :roll:
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

I refuse period.....I'm not in China and will not obey this order or anymore that may follow.
They've flown loads of people in and out and bloody crop pickers etc etc piss off they couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.
Ran the economy into more debt that has to be paid back BTW and still the imigrants get a free passage to these shores.
Frig off I say.....imagine if Corbyn had got in :lol:
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

It's not suddenly desperate now, opinion has changed as more is learnt and more data becomes available.

Obviously the date has nothing to do with the virus calling a truce, but a date has to be set, no matter what that date, things will change at midnight (or another time of day if specified).

If they made it tomorrow, everybody would complain they weren't given time to obtain a mask, businesses, shops, police etc would complain they did not have time to brief staff and make preparations.

The government need time to discuss and decide finer points, and supplies need to be arranged by suppliers, so ten days seems a very reasonable figure.
G 3 E J S
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

What I really want to know is when does the world kick China's teeth in for this.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS