Rules!

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
G0BHD

Rules!

Unread post by G0BHD »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52977388
I wish them nothing but the best, but if anyone in government seriously expects folks to behave rationally and within the rules, they simply do not understand many slavering at the bit post lock down folks!
I will not be venturing near a pub on Saturday, and that has absolutely nothing at all to do with any worries of catching Covid-19!
It will be a much reported and eyebrows raised frowned upon, (no doubt milked to death in the media), "Bun Fight", to say the very least.
Let those "slavering at the bit" for it, simply get on with it.
Until the mass desperate panic subsides, I will simply stick with the "take away" cans.
It tells you something when several police authorities have said they will have more officers "on the street" than they would normally do for the average New Years Eve!
And the government saying pubs can't open till 6 am on Saturday morning.....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53281539
No doubt in the hope of heading off the just past "Midnight parties" on Friday nigh/ rolled into Saturday morningt! :roll:
FFS! who wants to go out and get pissed at 6 am in the morning?.....answer?.....just watch the overnight queues! ;)
Sangoma

Re: Rules!

Unread post by Sangoma »

People will be people.

Those who do it will think they have given it fair thought and they are right.

Those who don't do it will say that those who do are crazy and those who do do it are only thinking of themselves.

The rest of us will just carry on our lives with a smile on our faces.
G 3 E J S
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

My advice this weekend and for the next year is avoid pubs and caravan venues for the next 6 years :lol:
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
M0XXQ

Unread post by M0XXQ »

Blackeye Saturday tomorrow lads, should we have a wager on the number of arrests and kick offs?
I wage £5 on 325 national incidents tomorrow night ;)
M0HJO

Unread post by M0HJO »

The M5 going into the West Country this morning, is a wash with cars and caravans!

God help Devon & Cornwall :cry:
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

On Friday caravans and campers were everywhere around here, this morning going to work in Barnsley not one spotted why?
I reckon they've all gone yesterday like addicts rushing for some of the dealers crack shipment.
I know people want to have life and enjoyment but if you are dead well.
I was asked if I wanted a night around Wakefield with lads tonight I said no and it'll be a no for a good few weeks.
6 people died from my old army regiment and 2 were under 55 go figure.
Inconsiderate Morons.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

I didn't go to the pub either, spent Saturday up to early evening chasing, wiring and boxing/capping new socket drops in the currently being refurbished front room! :D
That and mapping out the joists for a ceiling overboard, and then spotting the positions for the down lighters (its a very low ceiling, a dangling glass chandelier is definitely out of the question! :lol: )
It originally had several wall lights, but I am not a huge wall light fan myself.
Finished around 8.30/8.45 pm, not wanting to be "banging" too late with the elderly neighbours, today I will be mainly doing the same! ;)
I did have a few beers out of the fridge later though to wash the dust down, and that was my "Super Saturday"! :D
A bit of a bus mans holiday really.
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

Flat panel LEDs.

About as pretty as the north end of a south going camel, but for light they are second best to a sunny window, and only protrude about 1/16" into the room, assuming the fit between the joists, otherwise the take just under 3/4"

Other lights, either fixed or plug in can make an atmosphere, but can't compete for even, low shadow light.
G 3 E J S
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

Yes I fit many flat panel LEDS these days, either the suspended ceiling type 600 x 600, or 1200 x 600, and the surface mount equivalents, and some circular variants of course of various diameters,
I agree they give great overall light coverage, absolute pee on the old style multi fluorescent tube versions of old, but for a living room area they do look a little like an office space or Doctors waiting room! :D
I use some nice quality down lighters for domestic areas, they are LED and switchable between warm white or daylight colour temperatures, and the bezels come in a whole range of colours to suit your decorating desires.
V70's, and their bigger cousin V100's, they look very tidy, and give a very good light coverage, and the option to choose the colour temperature with the flick of a front mounted switch, (which the bezel covers when fitted), is good for picking your desired light style.
They are dimmable as well, with a leading edge type dimmer unit, another bonus, for those that love dimmers of course, personally a light is either "on or off" to me! :D
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

Meanwhile.......on "Super Saturday".......
https://news.sky.com/story/thousands-fl ... r-12021455
I am truly shocked that folks didn't "pop to the pub" and adhere to strict social distancing rules and in fact went a bit wild........NOT! ;)
A bun fight I am glad I was not part of.