Difference of job lifestyles.

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
G0BHD

Difference of job lifestyles.

Unread post by G0BHD »

So her indoors fancied having the front of the house tarted up, new windows, new door, subteranean garage fronted by a new door and windows, instead of the old up and over as it hasn't been used as a garge for years, and turned into a new "downstairs
room" with spiral staircase down to it, plus the front living room above it gutted, knocked off, and completely refurbished from bare brick, top to bottom with the warped and dodgy ex before our time water leak knackered ceiling plaster boards removed and replaced.
Now to be fair it really needed doing...... but.....they have been at it just a week now, and she being "furloughed" at home spends all bloody day with a headset on talking shit to various students and in conference staff meetings online.
I am usually not here thankfully, off elsewhere doing a proper days graft, but eh ho so be it, I have taken time off to supervise and keep an eye on progress, as well as move or modify whatever electrics need "shifting" etc., not her....oh no.
To be fair they have been diamonds as far as builders go, where mess and noise is concerned, and I meet various builders daily, but oh NO!...her indoors is already moaning "I can't hear my calls, do they have to be so loud?" :roll:
Give me strength Lord.
Then there is the shit and mess, absolutely inevitable with a "knock it out" refurb......"Ooh theres Soooo much mess!"..... AGAIN, Lord give me strength!
I have through lock down time off had to suffer listening and treading carefully noise wise around the house while she does all this online bullshit, and she has absolutely NO idea what is involved in building work at the nuts and bolts level.
I lost it today, and simply said "How God damn quiet and mess free do you think building work is?.....it was bloody you that wanted it doing!".....followed by....."You have seen the state I arrive home in many days, covered in all sorts of crap, do you think that is because I simply like rolling around in it all day?" :D
I am kind of guessing I am not flavour of the month at the moment, and in my trade opinion, the guys currently doing the work, who I have known for years, have been diamonds mess and noise wise!
Just a case of her wrapped up in her own little world, oblivious to what happens in the real "building work" world for them to eventually have their watched too many "One Hour Makeover clinically clean TV programs"..... that miraculously produce a result with no disruption at all....apparently! ;)
She's doing my damn head in! :lol:
Can't wait to get back to building work reality.
M0VMT

Re: Difference of job lifestyles.

Unread post by M0VMT »

Women say no more.....just have a drink or a big fat spilff Dave it'll all be over soon :D
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

Didn't you warn her about it and tell what what it would be like?

No? then your fault :lol:

If you did, remind her with the original phrase "I told you so"
G 3 E J S
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

Sangoma wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:42 pm Didn't you warn her about it and tell what what it would be like?

No? then your fault :lol:

If you did, remind her with the original phrase "I told you so"
I did , and suddenly she doesn't seem to have heeded my weeks ago advice and heads up on what was actually involved! ;)
Then again when you spend all your working life glued to a PC screen all day, the real world can somewhat pass you by. :D
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

Ah, nobody like to hear told you so, to a woman it like a red flag to a bull.

No wonder you are not flavour of the week :)
G 3 E J S