Why only use half of what you pay for?

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
Sangoma

Why only use half of what you pay for?

Unread post by Sangoma »

People buy a 24" saw and only use half of it.
The same with a hacksaw, why only use the centre half of the blade, they paid for the whole blade.

No wonder they can't cut a straight line, and break so many hacksaw blades.
G 3 E J S
G0BHD

Re: Why only use half of what you pay for?

Unread post by G0BHD »

:lol:
So true, how many hacksaw blades do you find in other peoples saws you happen to borrow and pick up on a job, (and Junior ones come to that), with "the middle" bit worn out, missing teeth, and twisted/kinked even, with the end thirds of the blade in perfect condition, never seen a sniff of metal or whatever! :D
Same goes for files come to that, perfect at each end, bald as Duncan Goodhew in the middle! ;)
I think they just have short arms, or restricted arm movements! :lol:
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

Bald files are often because of misuse, people drag them back in contact with the metal, usually applying pressure as well because they think they cut in both directions.
G 3 E J S
M0XXQ

Unread post by M0XXQ »

Sangoma wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:57 am People buy a 24" saw and only use half of it.
The same with a hacksaw, why only use the centre half of the blade, they paid for the whole blade.

In the same way I am one of those annoying drivers who use the full length of the slip road when joining a carriageway or motorway - I paid for the whole slip road, I am going to get my monies worth :D
But yes, I see what you mean about the saw blade, now I see why circular saws are far more efficient.
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

Sangoma wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:57 am The same with a hacksaw, why only use the centre half of the blade, they paid for the whole blade.

I can't cut straight line to save my life, regardless of how much of the blade I use :lol: