Online foundation exam

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
Sangoma

Re: Online foundation exam

Unread post by Sangoma »

Doesn't sound like it was aimed at the correct level for an FL exam, or achieving the aims of an FL.

I'm all for the exam becoming a little more meaningful, but it must be done in a fair and proper way.
G 3 E J S
M7ODD

Re: Online foundation exam

Unread post by M7ODD »

Old thread now, but having just passed my foundation I can agree that the questions were far different to even the subjects in the mock papers. If anything I found the exam covered basics, with some very odd questions (one even having the answer option of haemorrhoids!), But little actual theory. Many of the answers were right there in the accompanying paperwork for use during the exam. I think it's a mix of knowledge and perhaps luck on the questions for some candidates.

On the plus side, besides being into radio 30 years ago, I learned a lot of new stuff, and refreshed myself on much that I'd forgotten.

I recommend downloading all of the syllabus etc from rsgb and testing yourself with some of the apps.

If the OP hasn't passed yet, don't give up, these things are sent to try us, and you'll always learn even more.

Incidentally, on RSGB, booking the test was awkward was their site is VERY broken, my pass papers from rsgb were sent to the wrong address, and I feel they really really need to up their game. Thankfully I chose my callsign on ofcom site, where they DO have my correct address.

Steve
M7ODD