Meanwhile in the normal world....

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
G0BHD

Meanwhile in the normal world....

Unread post by G0BHD »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53137182
I have personally mainly been eating "normal food", you know the same stuff I always damn well eat! :lol:
Can't say Covid has seen me running out to buy stocks of Tofu.
Or even weirdly flavoured pop corn.
And as for cutting down on meat intake, nah!....not a chance.... I am a carnivore, always have been, always will be. :D
And a long term "Chicken baby snatcher"...... Bacon and "Eggs" being a staple favorite of mine! :lol:
You have to love these "food lifestyle" guru's.
Give me a good old fry up, and I am perfectly happy.
Or a good old Sunday roast.
If the rest of my life revolved around eating Tofu, and all the other "ist" promoted food styles we are constantly bombarded with, I would give up the will to live. ;)
Sangoma

Re: Meanwhile in the normal world....

Unread post by Sangoma »

Also been eating "normal food"
Had to do a bit more to get everything, and our costs have gone up (most people seem to have found that, either having to buy from other than their usual sources, or retailers have put their prices up, or retailers no longer stock the lower priced items, or a combination of these and other factors, but most seem to be spending a bit more)

Flour has never really been in short supply as that article says, small household packets have been in short supply.

In the 70's we used to get TVP, texturised vegetable protein, in different varieties, now it seems we only et soya mince or chunks that is nothing like as good as it used to be.

Never tasted or had the desire to taste tofu.

But still, if they have managed to make a good living out of it, all well and good.
G 3 E J S
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

Same here - 'normal' food all the way - including the good old fry-up.

We had the same problem of shelves in the supermarkets being bare of a load of stuff for a while, but the wife always has about 6 months worth of "supplies" in the pantry, as well as two freezers full of the red, white and pink stuff (steak, chicken and pork if that confused some), so it didn't affect us :D

And, being out in the country, it is amazing what can be got off the local farmers for the right gratuity.
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

Very true Terry, also living in a rural area, as opposed to the City dwellers bun fight existence, I have had no problem sourcing meat, eggs, and vegetables, that some seem to deem "in short supply" these days.
A lot of the time it comes down to where you are saddled with shopping, and whether you like your food all nicely supermarket plastic wrapped and packaged from the local hypermarket, or as it it comes off the bone blood, feathers and skin still attached "off the farm"! :D
Food shortages?....I ain't starved yet in four months. ;)
If I get desperate enough, the lanes are full of rabbits, and pheasants daily, and I am a "dab hand" with a catapult! :lol:
God help us if we ever have another World war. :roll:
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

What is Tofu is it a word missing ck on the end that sounds ok :lol:
My diet has remained the same, I can't say we've changed anything at all.
Maybe tins have been used more.
I'm not drinking alcohol like I did which isn't such a bad thing I guess.
You've got a problem when you start eating bats :o
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

Yep I draw the line at eating bats as well, but most farm raised livestock things are fair game! :D
Looking at their stripped down body mass, I can imagine it takes a few bats to make a decent meal anyway, even the bigger varieties.
You may as well be eating mice and rats as those bug ridden vermin.
Each to their own I guess, but I will stick to farm raised livestock animals.
They ain't killed me yet....but who knows! ;)
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

Well none of the usual British Sunday picks are in the larder today, I've found a frozen steak and ale pie from the farm shop so that'll have to do later :D
Bats they don't strip them Dave it's a quick deep fry wings an all then seasoning and away you go :shock:
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
M0XXQ

Unread post by M0XXQ »

M0VMT wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:10 am What is Tofu is it a word missing ck on the end that sounds ok :lol:
Tofu is what these vegan metrosexual soyboy's eat instead of real meat, it is tasteless nauseating crap that will grow you a pair of titties.
Throw some steak on the fire and open a beer like a real man! :D
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

That's it guys shovel it down the Mrs result :lol:
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
M0XXQ

Unread post by M0XXQ »

M0VMT wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:33 am That's it guys shovel it down the Mrs result :lol:
Give her some proper meat! :lol: