Memories and goose bumps.

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
M0VMT

Memories and goose bumps.

Unread post by M0VMT »

I was surfing along and came across my grandads old regiment, I still have his cap badge The London and Scottish....he's long gone now sadly.
What a steet jam.
https://youtu.be/k0XeucG19Vc
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
MM0TFU

Re: Memories and goose bumps.

Unread post by MM0TFU »

The Cockney Jocks, a fine old Regiment and now a part of the Household Division.
Played alongside their Pipes and Drums a couple of times at different events in and around London when I was in the Jock Guards.

One of our old Platoon Commanders is now the Colonel of the London Scottish, as well as being having recently been appointed Guv'nor of Edinburgh Castle.

When was your Grandad with them Mark?
Cheers,
Iain.

Illegitimi non carborundum
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

He was with the 3rd battalion I believe near the end of WW2 Iain, I didn't really hear any stories from him unlike my other grandad who was rasc and drove a diamond T recovering tanks in the middle east.
The old boys did so much and some gave everything.
The gaffer of Edinburgh castle hey I wonder if we could get some free weekend B&B passes :lol:
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
MM0TFU

Unread post by MM0TFU »

When you read about the exploits of the men who served through both World Wars it makes you realise how easy we had it.

Don't know about B+B, but I could probably arrange to have you locked up in the Castle Guardroom for a weekend. Will that do? :)

Maj Gen Alistair Bruce was a platoon commander (Lt) in my old Battalion and is a Falklands War veteran. Good bloke, very highly regarded and well liked officer.

Happy Armed Forces Day to you and all other Service Veterans on here.
Cheers,
Iain.

Illegitimi non carborundum
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

Yeah the guard room is fine if they have plenty of beer and single malt Iain and a good fry up each morning :lol:

Happy armed forces day Iain and to all serving and veterans here and far afield.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS