Back to Work.

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
M0VMT

Back to Work.

Unread post by M0VMT »

I know some people have gone back already and I've just returned and I have to say thank the Lord I was going insane.
I don't know how these life long dole wallers fill their time in it would drive me nuts.
I had to tell a few customers to step back in a nice way, the roads are ok but when the brats are back that will change.
I won't be visiting any shops or pubs when they open I'm waiting for this virus to do one completely if it ever does.
All this time off has gave me plenty of time to evaluate my life and even though I'm back at work changes have been made, I'm not going to worry about filling 5 days a week in with work now.
I'm having a 3.5 day working week, Monday off and half day Friday, I can financially manage and still make a few quid.
All this time thinking has chilled me out and made me realise my sole purpose on this planet isn't to conform to the Monday to Friday slog anymore :D
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
Sangoma

Re: Back to Work.

Unread post by Sangoma »

Good choice.

My late wife and I took similar decisions when we left SA.

I was running the netwok at city hall, and looking after the library, art gallery and airport systems, as well as managing the admin, finance and staff side of the printing section (a colleague looked after the production).
The wife was being asked to take a position of AD in the provincial (like county) social welfare, but didn't want it.
I had not had leave for four years, and worked 6-4 every day.

It had got to the stage where we seemed to be chasing money and not living.

We decided that as part of our move, that would stop.

BEST decision ever made :)

I'm sure you will find the same, and once you get used to it, life will be worth much more.

Enjoy
G 3 E J S
M0HJO

Re: Back to Work.

Unread post by M0HJO »

Yep, Im due back to work on the 29 June after being off since 29 March.
I have been back this week to do a couple of jobs.

After spending 32 years in the Royal Navy, spending up to 10 months away per year, this civilian life is a doddle :lol:

I now work as an Electrician/dogs body at a Luxury Holiday Park in Bude Cornwall.
Work Monday to Friday, 9 til 5 or 8 til 4.
One or two weekends per month, but if you do, I have two days off in the week.
Take it it turns to do "On Call" to which you get paid for.

Staff are chilled, I'm chilled and get to see birds sun bathing and playing in hot tubs a lot!! :lol:

(Its not a bad job to top up that Navy pension)
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB