All lives matter

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
G6CSL

Re: All lives matter

Unread post by G6CSL »

I think that they should just leave the graffiti and vandalism in place; even to the point of having Remembrance Sunday at a cenotaph covered in slogans.

It's going to be a long summer; and if they carry on like this, there is a 'Whitelash' coming.

I'm not proud to say that a little part of me thinks "Bring it on".
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

It's ok with me Chris.......well brexit got boring and all due respect to the dead the Corona virus had dragged on so all this parading is good entertainment right now.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

Why were the protest allowed to go ahead ?

1.5 What is a criminal offence?
It is a criminal offence to:

meet indoors with anyone who is not a member of your household or, from 13 June, your support bubble, except for specific exceptions set out in law
meet outdoors in a group of more than six with people who are not in your household or support bubble, except for specific exceptions set out in law

Mind boggling that the police just didn't act.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

If one were really cynical (who me? Never), you might think they let it go ahead in the hopes that most of these jerk-offs would catch "The Virus" and disappear off this planet (sigh - wishful thinking).

Unfortunately there would be some collateral "damage", but ....... shit happens.
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53031072
Well it was always going to happen.
And it has.
First the black lives matter mob do their bit, marching in the streets, protesting, damaging or graffiti sprayed on historical statues, then eventually the" far right wing mob" turn out to do their thing and have a good old punch up.
Both sides equally guilty to be frank, and both sides with a majority of on the ground support that has absolutely nothing to do with the initial local outrage over Floyd's death by a police officer in the USA.
It's quite pathetic really, how the latest flavour of the month "protest cause" can lead to many many decades old monuments being boarded up or simply removed in lip service, violence on the streets flowing thick and fast, and the pulling from available view of old TV/Film footage deemed no longer acceptable for viewing in these modern times.
It will like all other mass protests that have gone before, get suitable lip service and pandering by the political kiss asses, and at the end of the day, when it fades into memory, and another flavour of the month protest ensues on a completely different topic, have achieved exactly nothing in real terms.
As much as I hate politics, there is a place to "protest", that is at the polls!
If you think one lot will serve you better, vote for them.
I didn't see this sort of street level outcry, or calls for black statues to be removed, and mass protests with street violence, when a run of the mill totally unknown to the general populous squaddie, simply on his way back to his base, got virtually beheaded in the damn street, by a couple of machete and cleaver wielding disgruntled souls of the dark ethnic variety, after fist running him over with their car.! :roll:
Racial hatred works both damn ways, and always has, full stop.
G6CSL

Unread post by G6CSL »

I've stopped caring any more.
OK, I'm white. But I can't feel 'guilty', because most of my tribe still fell under "No blacks, no dogs, no Irish". But of course that wasn't racist, was it?

I like having reached an age when I can just watch the news, and think of a good riot as entertainment. ;) London needs burning, anyway.
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

A good interview and rounds up the whole affair, the last answer he gave to the question was he proud to be British speaks volumes of these cretins.
https://youtu.be/2UoA2RHLlww
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... t-53120070
This has to be a joke surely?
A City, within a Country, that has long historical "sectarian divisions" that often spill to the fore, over everything you can imagine religious wise, those damned "Prods versus Catholics" times, and most often witnessed in local football derby's of course, suddenly gets all "unified and anti racist" marching in the streets?
I assume they have put aside their religious "differences" for the short term, concerning potential Protestant black people, and Catholic ones, as there does exist both types of black person, as well as the often instantly assumed "Muslim" variety! ;)
I don't know about anyone else, but I have had a guts full of these BLM protests.
It might end up even pushing some normally easy going placid "white folks", that previously never really considered themselves as racist towards black people, nor even having thought about feeling that way, to end up exactly "that way", by virtue of the fact of simply being sick and damn tired of being told via many current outlets media wise, that simply by accident of birth being born "white and so called privileged", in a country that many many decades before they were even born, had an "Empire", means they are somehow by association in current times racist also! :roll:
I have truly had enough of the "lip service" rubbish that is currently flowing around.
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

What I want to know from them who's being Racist simple question......
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
G0BHD

Unread post by G0BHD »

Well should I trawl back in history, and discover some long forgotten about relative many generations ago, once was a pressed ganged or fully signed up member of a "ships crew" that was "as a vessel" involved in trafficking slaves, I wont feel compelled to apologise on their behalf!
I will never apologise for national "history" I had no part nor say in, full stop. ;)