Constantly logged out

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
M0XXQ

Re: Constantly logged out

Unread post by M0XXQ »

Ok lads, I am going to upgrade the forum software tonight so the site will be down for a couple of hours, I will post a notice later today so you have an idea of when this will happen, however I am not being effected by this behaviour, I have tried two different computers, a tablet and a mobile phone, all stay logged in - Very odd behaviour.

Cheers

Rob.
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

In my case, again two days and logged out (Firefox) but still logged in with Chrome, so I suspect it may not be a forum problem.
G0DJA

Unread post by G0DJA »

VK5TM wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:33 am Which browser are you using Dave?
Firefox 71.0 (64-bit).

I just realized that the 'remember me' button had become unchecked, probably when the cookies were reset? So I'll see if rechecking that works.
Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)
M0XXQ

Unread post by M0XXQ »

Seems to be a Firefox issue, Chrome and IE not effected.
G0DJA

Unread post by G0DJA »

I closed the tab that was linked to the forum, left it a while, came back and clicked on the page again and it showed me as logged in this time. So, maybe re selecting the "remember me" button has cured it for me anyway?
Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

I have been making sure I have the "remember me" box ticked through out and it doesn't seem to make any difference for me.

Best I've had with Firefox is two days and logged out again, while Chrome has remained logged in.
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

Confirmed - Firefox is the problem and the dropkicks failed to fix it in the last security update (which was a day after the previous update).

Useless !@#$% tits.
M0XXQ

Unread post by M0XXQ »

Thanks for the update Terry, well at least now we know - I will post a sticky note in the public notices forum - Unless you would like to do it seen as it was your discovery? :D
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

Looks like you will have to post the notice in the public forum Rob as I can't see the "new topic button" (and no, it is not the lasting effects of the Xmas inebriation :lol: , we've been out all day again on a road trip and I'm knucking fackered).

For me this all started with Firefox from version 72.0.0 on and there are various posts on the 'net about changing this or that setting or deleting the browser "history" as well as various other bits of crap that hasn't worked so far.

Chrome has remained logged in since Adam wore knickerbockers.
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

Ended up ditching Firefox as a heap of crap.

Apart from the login problem (which coincidentally has been OK for about a week now), it doesn't render some websites correctly, it slows down my VPN service something chronic and does a few other weird things.