What annoys you?

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
sidspop

What annoys you?

Unread post by sidspop »

A funny title, but I am at that age when I can have a moan, and do not care who I may upset, or "offend". Just call me Meldrew if you want.....
Two things that really nark me about amateur radio.
The first is when people try to sell something, and cannot get the spelling correct. Icon and Yeasu. It's on the bloody radio in front of them, FFS!
The other is the use of meters instead of metres. A meter is a measuring device. A metre is a unit of distance, or a wavelength. It's not 40 meters, it's 40 metres. Unless you're one of those Mercan chaps.
M0XXQ

Re: What annoys you?

Unread post by M0XXQ »

I see your point and I think most of it comes down to laziness and dependency on computer based spell checkers.
In terms of what annoys me, well you know me from the other forum and like any other bloke will complain about anything depending on how I am feeling, if I have had a good day at work and the kids haven't pissed me off then I tend to keep quiet, but is some knacker cuts me up whilst driving or a C|omputer U|ser N|ot T|rained at work tells me the printer isn't working and I find out it is because the paper feeder is empty... you know what I mean.
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

Metres and meters hurts my head I know I'm a crap speller but that one should never happen in radio.
Next one is H I when having a qso H bloody I .......just laugh HI for CW not voice.
The most annoying one for me is people who constantly call when on HF ssb....For me your call should go in once and you should wait not keep calling, it's like listening to screaming school kids at times and I end up spinning the vfo.
We all must do or say something that probably would be annoying to someone, that's life I guess :D
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
2E0SOF silent key

Unread post by 2E0SOF silent key »

ermmmmm now then = SQUARE WHEELED !
Hahaha ,
IN RADIO YOU HAVE TWO TOOLS - SOUND AND SILENCE.
M0HJO

Unread post by M0HJO »

1) Snow Flakes

2) Pink and Fluffy

:evil:
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB
M0BVL(Silent Key)

Unread post by M0BVL(Silent Key) »

Most annoying thing for me is the dirty sachaze, just can't see the point ,it really must get up the nose and linger !
It's not broke yet ! ...just give me a minute.
M0XXQ

Unread post by M0XXQ »

flashgordon wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:33 pm Rarely do I here amateur radio in the news ! no one appears to help in disaster situation we are totally ignored group. but with so much potential when things go bad ! Disasters like Volcano eruptions,. the trouble of flooding in Indonesia not one mention of our involvement there ! in the main news, it is as if we do not exist.. You wait when all digital mobile communications go down and see what happens then ! We are in the wilderness ! yes I have heard of CB radio ! ahh what is amateur radio ? Are you not a disc jokey !
I think most of us are prepared for the zombie apocalypse - I can get comms on most bands :mrgreen:
MM0XXW

Unread post by MM0XXW »

Those folks who use the word 'mint' in the description of their equipment :evil:
Naturally after I buy it it takes me 2 hours to clean the damn thing before it's good enough to even sit on my desk :roll:
Cheers,
Martyn

'True Blue' #797
G0JUR

Unread post by G0JUR »

MM0XXW wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:22 pm Those folks who use the word 'mint' in the description of their equipment :evil:
Naturally after I buy it it takes me 2 hours to clean the damn thing before it's good enough to even sit on my desk :roll:
MINT

Motors
Intermittent
Noisy
Transistors

Not original lifted from elsewhere ;)
MM0XXW

Unread post by MM0XXW »

G0JUR wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:36 pm
MM0XXW wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:22 pm Those folks who use the word 'mint' in the description of their equipment :evil:
MINT

Motors
Intermittent
Noisy
Transistors

Not original lifted from elsewhere ;)
No idea what the implication is Neill but if it's mentioned elsewhere it's because I'm maybe repeating myself and it's one of my pet hates ..... seemples!
Cheers,
Martyn

'True Blue' #797