Winds

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
2E0SOF silent key

Winds

Unread post by 2E0SOF silent key »

Well I had a great time last night Early morning .....

I was sat in the shack and heard a crash looked out window and the 4m antenna was down laid on next doors roof. So I sorted that now back up in the air ... then went to bed , woke up to a big crash banf wallop ! .... the X510 came down off the apex of the house landed in dext doors garden at 4AM went out dragged the thing back into my garden .. feeling peed off ! Then checked at 6AM and one of the support poles for the hf wire was bent double .. this is a 20ft mast. went to bed at 8am ! I expected someone to wake me up !!!!! anyway the wire support mast is now sorted with a brace and concreted in . New need to get a new VHF/UHF antenna going smaller this time a X50 will do ... then I have to get someone to monkey climb the house to put it up for me ... well this will be a good number of weeks before this is done ... so no vhf for the time being :( ..... anyway other than my crazy crap hole of a day, how was your day hi ;)
IN RADIO YOU HAVE TWO TOOLS - SOUND AND SILENCE.
M0XXQ

Re: Winds

Unread post by M0XXQ »

You have been hit bad mate, hopefully it wasn't too costly to fix?
Thankfully none of your antennas damaged any of the neighbors property when they came down, I am sure some of these boys with 60 foot towers in their back gardens were clenching their arse cheeks last night! :D

My weekend so far has been prepping the VHF Portable station, done a dummy load and unload of the car to make sure there won't be any nasty surprises, the heaviest part of the load is the generator and I can just about manage to lift it in and out the boot on my own.
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

LOL Wayne hope things are ok mate.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
2E0SOF silent key

Unread post by 2E0SOF silent key »

M0VMT wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:51 pm LOL Wayne hope things are ok mate.
Yep ... just lol .... got myself a X50 .... just need someone to put it up on pole now lol. so no VHF/UHF till then. ;)
IN RADIO YOU HAVE TWO TOOLS - SOUND AND SILENCE.