Not much has changed

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
VK5TM

Not much has changed

Unread post by VK5TM »

4-1991-025.jpg
M0XXQ

Re: Not much has changed

Unread post by M0XXQ »

It has got worse mate, the TV over here in the UK is utter shite most of the time.

I get Sky only so I can watch Gold Rush and the odd National Geographic documentary, other than that I ain't interested - never swallowed the "Idolise a narcissistic celebrity" pill, even with all the technology I own, sometimes I retreat to a book, currently reading "12 Rules For Life" by Professor Jordan B Peterson, it has certainly changed my perspective on life and I'm only on the third rule - I was sitting in Cork Airport reading it week before last whilst waiting for my flight to Amsterdam (I fly from Newcastle in the UK to Cork in the Republic of Ireland via Amsterdam Schipol because it is the quickest route) reading this book and the time just flew over, managed to drag a single cup of tea over the full 1.5 hours until boarding commenced.

What was interesting, every so often I looked up to see all these people, many in groups sitting with their heads hunched over glaring into their Mobile Phones, couples ignoring each other like brainwashed zombies - such a sad state of affairs if you ask me.
Look, I am not against technology and when you're on your own in an airport bored shitless fair enough, but surely if you have a partner or friend or a group why not engage with them and put the device away?

Anyway, rant over - must get to work!

Cheers

Rob.
VK5TM

Re: Not much has changed

Unread post by VK5TM »

I agree, while technology "can" provide huge benefits, it also has a lot to answer for in terms of human interaction.

TV is no better here, typical egotistical, narcissistic idiots showing up on TV with the brains of a butt pimple - where do they find these morons?

Funny about flying in opposite directions to get where you want to go, had one friend recently that fly Adelaide to Perth via Bali as it was much cheaper to do it that way.
Attachments
image001.jpg