Time spent with a fellow ham

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
M0VMT

Time spent with a fellow ham

Unread post by M0VMT »

Today I spent 8hrs with sid1955 sorting a vertical out and a trapped diople for 80/40.
It was cold today in the UK around 8 degrees with wind but we made good progress with the installations, we also had a used cob Webb to install but after spending 2hrs mounting and trying to tune with a rig expert 54 I decided it was time to look at the matching box and boy it's corroded to hell so that's going to need to be refurbed.
Next is to add a 20 metre dipole to the 80/40 dipole.....still we had a good day on the aerials even though one needs work but it's nothing we can't sort out.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
M0BVL(Silent Key)

Re: Time spent with a fellow ham

Unread post by M0BVL(Silent Key) »

It's amazing how long these antenna jobs take ,when I'm told it's only a ten minute job I just laugh.
It's not broke yet ! ...just give me a minute.
G0JUR

Unread post by G0JUR »

I always find antenna work enjoyable, especially when you get good results,
Suprising what you learn when messing about with wires finding what works best for the location.
MM0XXW

Unread post by MM0XXW »

M0VMT wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:37 pm Today I spent 8hrs with sid1955 sorting a vertical out and a trapped diople for 80/40.
It was cold today in the UK around 8 degrees with wind but we made good progress with the installations, we also had a used cob Webb to install but after spending 2hrs mounting and trying to tune with a rig expert 54 I decided it was time to look at the matching box and boy it's corroded to hell so that's going to need to be refurbed.
Next is to add a 20 metre dipole to the 80/40 dipole.....still we had a good day on the aerials even though one needs work but it's nothing we can't sort out.
Mark I've a fully-wired internal connector block for the cobwebb , very clean and ready to go if it's any good to you?
Been sitting in my jbox for a bit but you're welcome to it anyway.
Text me your number, 07948 624969, and I'll drop you a pic!
Cheers,
Martyn

'True Blue' #797
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

The package came Martyn thank you for taking the time to help me and my mate out,
Thanks again Mark
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D