R.I.P. G0OHY

Latest radio related news and updates from contesting to DXpeditions, rallies and events.
G4PPB

R.I.P. G0OHY

Unread post by G4PPB »

Sadly I have to report the death of my brother-in-law, Arthur, G0OHY.

Arthur's voice was known by many, here in the North West, especially on 2m where he amused, (and sometimes purposely annoyed), many listeners. He was also well known to some further afield with his early morning calls to the south.

After receiving the sad news from his wife, Angela, this morning, I had to tell his sister, my wife Lilian, that her younger brother had passed away.
Lilian, (G1EPF), and I have been married for just over 42 years and so I can claim to have known Arthur for longer than that. We used to think of him as an off-duty Father Christmas with his bushy beard, not inconsiderable girth and a ready smile. Lilian and I can at least claim part responsibility for Arthur obtaining his Amateur licence. He was very much into CB and we kept nagging him to take the RAE and , "do the job properly!" Thankfully he listened. I should also mention his devotion to The West Manchester Radio Club, where he was the serving Awards Manager and I'm sure he will be greatly missed by the members.

He will certainly be missed by his wife and daughter and also by our family and, I suspect, by many Amateurs in this neck of the woods.

As Lilian so poignantly put it, "Goodnight Brother."
Audi alteram partem - Hear the other side (of the argument).
G0BHD

Re: R.I.P. G0OHY

Unread post by G0BHD »

My sincere condolences to yourself and wife, and all of his and the wider family of course.
Always sad when an old time amateur goes SK, and of course equally sad times for all that knew them, amateur related or not.
Once again sincere condolences on your and the whole families personal loss, and indeed the hobbies loss.
RIP Arthur G0OHY.
M0HJO

Unread post by M0HJO »

Sad news.

RIP.
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »