DJ 73, who has broadcast to just his WIFE from his garden shed for 44 year

Latest radio related news and updates from contesting to DXpeditions, rallies and events.
M0XXQ

DJ 73, who has broadcast to just his WIFE from his garden shed for 44 year

Unread post by M0XXQ »

Read the article here

After 44 years presenting his radio show, Deke Duncan is a bit of an institution.

The only thing is, it’s broadcast from his garden shed and the only listener he’s ever had is his wife (although, having remarried, technically it’s two listeners).

All that is set to change, however, after a local radio station tracked him down when it saw him in action on a vintage BBC Nationwide report.
M0VMT

Re: DJ 73, who has broadcast to just his WIFE from his garden shed for 44 year

Unread post by M0VMT »

Sweet but begs the question did he have the appropriate License? If it was Rf :D
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
G0DJA

Unread post by G0DJA »

I think I saw a report about this years ago. He didn't use RF, he ran a cable into the house to a loudspeaker.

There's also and on-line spoof hospital radio station that comically messes up and often says inappropriate things to patients. I'll see if I can find it again. However, it's not a real hospital radio station, it's a send up. A bit like the Alan Partridge character.
Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)
G0DJA

Unread post by G0DJA »

I found a link. It wasn't on-line, it was on BBC Radio 2. The Ivan Brackenby Show, written and performed by Tom Binns...

This is just one link, there are other episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ynH9vIt8kA
Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)