New OPENSPOT2 has arrived at my QTH.

Discuss topics around Digital Radio modes such as DMR, Fusion etc
M0DPX

New OPENSPOT2 has arrived at my QTH.

Unread post by M0DPX »

Hello all well the os2 has landed at my QTH and i will be setting it up later this morning. overall visual impression is its a very neat little unit, ive had the original os for a couple of years now and what a unit that is :) so i am looking forward to going WIFI with the os2.
I ordered it last saturday 15th dec direct from the openspot website shop and i was told by email and txt message from DHL the carriers that it would land here on tuesday 18th dec, but seeing as the unit comes from ESTONIA via GERMANY, those cheeky german chappies ;) didn't put it on the plane :o . which meant i had to ring DHL who are very helpfull and immediatley chased it up and it landed friday at my QTH :D
TOTAL COST with carriage was €236.81 EUR which converts to £222.71 GBP. my original os unit has already been sold to a fellow ham who is getting into digital and he does not want to be bothered with all that DV MEGA/ raspberry pie stuff :D

Ciao4now folks

m0dpx
"Illigitimi non carborundum"
M0VMT

Re: New OPENSPOT2 has arrived at my QTH.

Unread post by M0VMT »

Nice one Frank and it all sounds good,.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
M0DPX

Unread post by M0DPX »

Cheers mark the os2 took approx 10minutes from plugging in to being on the air best £200+ i have ever spent :D

All the best for xmas and the new year mark.
"Illigitimi non carborundum"
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

And a Merry Christmas to you and the family Frank and all the best for 2019.
I enjoy the open spot like you and it really is a no fuss product, I have spoken with M0HJO over it and he lives in a VHF Dstar activity dead spot and his id5100 doesn't see much in the way of activity.
The shark would turn John's radio into a hive of activity on Dstar and has the added bonus of coms when HF poor :D
Come on John........ :lol:
Problem is shark have created the perfect product in the first edition for shack use so I'm in no hurry to upgrade just yet, I'm well aware this new one is fully portable which is a bonus.
I actually use a WiFi bridge on mine from vonets and could take it portable but it won't slip in the pocket like the new one.
Well enjoy the new toy Frank.
Mark
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D